SSI Coral Identification Course
CORAL IDENTIFICATION OVERVIEW
This is the online / virtual version of the Marine Ecology certification course. Upon completion, you will have better knowledge, understanding, and enjoyment of the corals, coral structures, and coral reef systems in underwater environment.
All of our certifications are offered through Scuba Schools International (SSI). Download the MySSI App on your smartphone for access to free materials, resources, and other tools to improve your dive training experience!
Coral reefs are the building blocks of many ocean ecosystems. This program teaches you the skills and concepts required to recognize and identify common families of coral species. You will earn the SSI Coral Identification Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 10
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver if in-water training is included
- Academic Sessions: 1
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: Optional
- Open Water Dives: Optional
- Maximum Training Depth: Optional
- Suggested Duration: 6 - 10 hours (including online material review)
Please refer to the SSI Training Standards for more detailed information.