SSI Sea Turtle Ecology Course
SEA TURTLE ECOLOGY OVERVIEW
This is the online / virtual version of the Sea Turtle Ecology certification course. Upon completion, you will have better knowledge, understanding, and enjoyment of this amazing and fascinating animal in the underwater environment.
All of our certifications are offered through Scuba Schools International (SSI). Download the MySSI App on your smartphone for access to free materials, resources, and other tools to improve your dive training experience!
This program teaches you the skills and concepts required to recognize and identify common species of sea turtles, describes their history and role in marine ecosystems, and threats to their survival. You will earn the SSI Sea Turtle Ecology Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 10
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver if in-water training is included
- Academic Sessions: 1
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: Optional
- Open Water Dives: Optional
- Maximum Training Depth: Optional
- Suggested Duration: 6 - 10 hours (including online material review)
Please refer to the SSI Training Standards for more detailed information.