SSI Fish Identification Course
FISH IDENTIFICATION OVERVIEW
This is the online / virtual version of the Fish Identfication certification course. Upon completion, you will have better knowledge, understanding, and enjoyment of the many fish in the underwater environment.
All of our certifications are offered through Scuba Schools International (SSI). Download the MySSI App on your smartphone for access to free materials, resources, and other tools to improve your dive training experience!
The ocean is filled with fascinating and beautiful fish of every shape and size. This non-diving specialty program teaches you the skills and concepts required to identify the common families of Caribbean, Indo-Pacific, and Red Sea reef fish. You will earn the SSI Fish Identification Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 10
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver if in-water training is included
- Academic Sessions: 1
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: Optional
- Open Water Dives: Optional
- Maximum Training Depth: Optional
- Suggested Duration: 6 - 10 hours (including online material review)
Please refer to the SSI Training Standards for more detailed information.