SSI Shark Ecology Course
SHARK ECOLOGY OVERVIEW
This is the online / virtual version of the Shark Ecology certification course. Upon completion, you will have better knowledge, understanding, and enjoyment of this beautiful, powerful, and frequently misunderstood animal in the underwater environment.
All of our certifications are offered through Scuba Schools International (SSI). Download the MySSI App on your smartphone for access to free materials, resources, and other tools to improve your dive training experience!
Many humans fear sharks and believe them to be aggressive, but is that reputation deserved? By taking the SSI Shark Ecology program, you will learn how sharks and their behavior are often misunderstood, and how you can safely observe them in their natural habitat. You will earn the SSI Shark Ecology Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 10
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver if in-water training is included
- Academic Sessions: 1
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: Optional
- Open Water Dives: Optional
- Maximum Training Depth: Optional
- Suggested Duration: 6 - 10 hours (including online material review)
Please refer to the SSI Training Standards for more detailed information.