SSI Science of Diving Course
SCIENCE OF DIVING COURSE OVERVIEW
This is the online / virtual version of the Science certification course. Upon completion, you will have advanced knowledge of dive physiology, physics, the and the underwater environment. This course teaches the background information to improve your overall safety while diving.
All of our certifications are offered through Scuba Schools International (SSI). Download the MySSI App on your smartphone for access to free materials, resources, and other tools to improve your dive training experience!
This program provides an in-depth and detailed study of physics, physiology, decompression theory, the aquatic environment and diving equipment. It is required training for most SSI Dive Professional programs, as well as some Extended Range programs. You will earn the SSI Science of Diving Specialty certification after completing this program.
- Minimum Age: 10
- Certification Prerequisites: Open Water Diver (or Higher C-Card Qualification)
- Academic Sessions: Online Program
- Pool/Confined Water Sessions: Optional
- Open Water Dives: Optional
- Suggested Duration: 12 - 20 hours (including online material review)
- Specialized Equipment: Knowledge Program
Please refer to the SSI Training Standards for more detailed information